About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog. I'm a writer of poetry, prose and plays but my best known work is children's fiction. My most popular books are the Selby series and the Emily Eyefinger series. This blog is intended as an entertaining collection of thoughts and pictures from here in Australia and from my travels in other parts of the world. I hope you enjoy it. (For more information have a look at my website.)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Selby Sprung again

I've just finished writing Selby Sprung, the 16th (and final?) book of the Selby series. I've been over and over the stories and now it's with my publisher, HarperCollins.

They will correct any mistakes and then send it back to me for further editing. Another copy of the manuscript is now with Allan Stomann, the wonderful illustrator of all the Selby books. He's been drawing Selby and his world for twenty-five years. Selby Sprung will be published in August.

Who can tell me what moth this is? It wandered into my house for just long enough for me to take a photo and then it flew away. I did a bit of a search of the internet and found out that there are about 22,000 species of moths in Australia. Of course this one might be a very common one so you might know it's name.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Great work!
Anyway the type of moth depends of where you live and other stuff i will look into it :D