About Me

My photo
Hi, welcome to my blog. I'm a writer of poetry, prose and plays but my best known work is children's fiction. My most popular books are the Selby series and the Emily Eyefinger series. This blog is intended as an entertaining collection of thoughts and pictures from here in Australia and from my travels in other parts of the world. I hope you enjoy it. (For more information have a look at my website.)

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a good break and that you have a great 2011. And happy Chinese New Year!

Much has happened between my last blog entry and now, so much that it's hard to remember everything. One of the more memorable events was the KOALA (Kids' Own Australian Literature Awards) ceremony. Here I am talking at the awards ceremony.

Most of my time recently has been taken up in writing the 16th Selby book, Selby Sprung. The book was almost finished when I suddenly had an eye problem and needed an operation. That was last week and I'm still recovering but I'll be back to normal soon and working on the last bits of the Selby book. Selby hasn't told me his final adventure yet. He said he was going to wait and tell me at the very last minute. I'm worried that it might mean he's about to give away his secret. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Or maybe he knows that he's about to be found out. Maybe the Search for Selby Society is about to spring him. Come to think of it, maybe that's why he wants me to call the book Selby Sprung.

Just now I'm waiting for the weather to change into something that's bearable. But although it's been incredibly hot in Sydney we haven't had the floods and cyclones that Victoria and Queensland have had to deal with.

No comments: